Lithium (orotate) 5 mg
Lithium (orotate) 5 mg
Offers the essential trace element lithium to support healthy mental function, including mood, emotion, memory and behavior‡
Benefits & Features
- Supports mood, emotional wellness and behavioral health‡
- Supports cognitive function‡
- Promotes neurotransmitter activity‡
- Combination of lithium and N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC)
- Part of the PureSYNAPSE™ product line
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Emotional wellness and mood support‡
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal, or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Lithium is an essential micronutrient with some chemical properties similar to calcium and magnesium. It is present in all organs and tissues in the body's Lithium has a long history of clinical use for supporting healthy mood and behavior, possibly through dopamine- and serotonin-mediated mechanisms.1-3 Lithium supports neurotransmitter systems and signaling cascades involved in brain health and behavior.1,3 Several studies suggest that lithium supports memory and mood.1,4,5 A 12-month, randomized, double-blind trial involving 45 individuals suggests that low-dose lithium supplementation promotes cognitive performance.6 In cultured neurons, lithium-enhanced gene expression of glutathione-S-transferase (GST), a detoxification enzyme with neuroprotective functions.7 Lithium also has been shown to promote healthy brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels in animal models and humans.8‡
- Szklarskad, Rzymski P.Biol Trace Elem Res. 189,18-27 (2019).
- Beaulieu JM, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004 Apr 6;101(14):5099-104.
- Schrauzer GN, et al. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1994 Jan;40(1):89-101.
- Nunes MA, et al. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2013 Jan;10(1):104-7.
- Forlenza OV, et al. Br J Psychiatry. 2011 May;198(5):351-6.
- Straten G. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2011 Dec;8(8):853-9.
- Shao L, et al. Neuroscience. 2008 Jan 24;151(2):518-24.
- Leyhe T, et al. J Alzheimers Dis. 2009;16(3):649-56.
Highlights: Gluten-free, Non-GMO
Not to be taken by pregnant and lactating women. Consult your health professional before using this product. Not to be taken in conjunction with antidepressants unless advised by a health professional. Individuals with bipolar disorder and depression must be monitored closely by a health professional if taking this supplement. It is recommended that individuals taking this supplement have lithium levels and kidney function monitored regularly. Do not exceed the dose recommended by your health professional.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Lithium is mined and refined
- Orotate and N-acetyl-l-cysteine are synthetically derived
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
†Provides weight management support as part of a healthy lifestyle with a reduced calorie diet and regular exercise.