Fat-soluble vitamin B1 (thiamin); maintains healthy glycation activity‡
Benefits & Features
- Maintains healthy advanced glycation end (AGE) product activity‡
- Promotes healthy glucose metabolism‡
- Supports optimal thiamine pyrophosphate activity‡
- Promotes vascular, retinal, kidney and neuronal health‡
- Contains pure Japanese-manufactured benfotiamine
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy glucose metabolism support‡
- Vascular, retinal, kidney and neuronal health‡
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-3 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Benfotiamine, S-benzoylthiamine-Omonophosphate, is a fat-soluble vitamin B1 (thiamine) derivative that maintains healthy advanced glycation end (AGE) product activity to support vascular, nerve, retinal and kidney cellular health. Benfotiamine supports the function of several enzymes, including thiamine pyrophosphate and transketolase, which are involved in glucose metabolism and vascular function.1,2 In a randomized crossover trial, benfotiamine supported healthy flow-mediated dilation and endothelial function in response to a heat-treated meal containing high levels of glycated proteins.3 In another randomized controlled study, benfotiamine supported healthy nerve conduction velocity and nerve comfort.4 Research suggests that benfotiamine may also maintain healthy renal glomeruli and retinal function, protein kinase C enzyme activity, and protein glycation.5 It may also maintain cytokine balance through modulation of NF-κB, which regulates the expression of immune mediators.6‡
- Frank T, et al. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2000 Jun;56(3):251-7
- Berrone E, et al. J Biol Chem. 2006 Apr 7;281(14):9307-13.
- Stirban A, et al. Diabetes Care. 2006 Sep;29(9):2064-71.
- Winkler G, et al. Arzneimittelforschung. 1999 Mar;49(3):220-4.
- Haupt E, et al. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Feb;43(2):71-7.
- Shoeb M, et al. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012 Jan 1; 52(1): 182,190.
Highlights: Non-GMO, Vegan, Vegetarian
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pure Encapsulations's BenfoMax contains pure Japanese-manufactured benfotiamine. Benfotiamine is synthetic
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
†Provides weight management support as part of a healthy lifestyle with a reduced calorie diet and regular exercise.