WHAT IT DOES
Berberine offers metabolic support for glucose and lipid metabolism.* It also supports healthy blood sugar and insulin levels already within a normal range.*
HOW IT WORKS
Clinical studies demonstrate that berberine supports healthy lipid metabolism and cholesterol homeostasis.*1-6 Berberine can activate an important metabolic enzyme known as adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK), a central regulator of cellular energy homeostasis.* Mechanistic research in vitro and in vivo suggests that berberine can decrease cholesterol and triglyceride synthesis by activating AMPK.7-9
In addition to supporting lipid metabolism, berberine supports healthy glucose metabolism and blood sugar management already within a normal range.*2-5 Mechanistic research in vitro suggests that berberine can support healthy glucose regulation through promoting glucose uptake in cells via GLUT4 translocation.7
- Kong W et al. Nat Med. 2004;10(12):1344-51.
- Yin J et al. Metabolism. 2008;57(5):712-7.
- Zhang Y et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93(7):2559-2565.
- Yang J et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:363845.
- Perez-Rubio K et al. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2013;11(5):366-9.
- Cao C et al. Exp Ther Med. 2019;17(4):3009-3014.
- Lee YS et al. Diabetes. 2006;55:2256-64.
- Brusq JM et al. J Lipid Res. 2006;47(6):1281-8.
- Jiang D et al. Lipids Health Dis. 2016;15:214.
** Daily Value (DV) not established
†Percent daily value is based on a 2000 calorie diet
plant-derived capsule (hypromellose), cellulose, calcium laurate, silica
Berberine Does Not Contain
Wheat, Gluten, Corn, Soy, Dairy, Colors, Artificial Flavors, Preservatives
Berberine Directions and/or Dosage
Adults take 1 capsule two to three times daily, or as recommended by a healthcare professional.
Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing. If you have diabetes, or are taking any prescription drugs, consult a healthcare professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. Safety sealed with inner seal. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. Keep tightly closed. Store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat and direct sunlight.
Highlights: Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free, No Corn, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors, No Preservatives, Vegan